Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Berry Cobbler


So, I've been toying with a berry cobbler recipe. I've made it twice now, and I liked the second batch better. What I like about it best is that I can whip it up and have it ready to eat all within 40 minutes!

RECIPE:
Frozen Berries of choice in 8x8in. baking dish
Mix with pastry blender:
1.5 cups gluten free flour blend
.5 cup sugar substitute (I used fructose powder)
1 tsp. xanthan gum
.5 cup butter subsitute (I used Nucoa)
vanilla extract
almond extract
pinch of salt
Pour crumble mixture over berries
Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, uncovered for about 10 of the total time
Cobbler should be bubbly and browned on top


Feel free to try making it... I've got to figure out a way to keep it from getting soggy when refrigerated. If you have any ideas, feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. To keep it from getting soggy I just eat it all from the beginning. That usually helps.

    ReplyDelete